It goes without saying that William Hill is one of the oldest and most respected bookmakers in the UK, having been established in 1934.
Throughout the ensuing years, the bookmaker has kept to traditions and has provided its punters with an unwavering betting service that comes as one of the most esteemed in the world.
Although tradition lies at the heart of William Hill, this does not mean that it is not modern and that it has not taken to the online world with the vigour and quality that it is known for.
In this article, we’ll review and discuss everything you need to know about William Hill’s in the online world.
What can you bet on with William Hill?
Traditionally, William Hill is known for horse racing and other sports, but its online platform provides customers with a wide array of betting opportunities, including:
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Formula One
How to open an account with William Hill
Opening a new account with William Hill is easy, safe, and quick. All you have to do is follow these short steps:
- Navigate to the website by following a link on this page.
- Go to the top right of the William Hill homepage and click “Join Now”.
- Enter your personal details and select which currency you would like to use.
- Complete your registration and choose your preferred deposit method.
Deposit methods with William Hill
Like all good bookmakers, William Hill offers a range of deposit methods from both cards, banks, and e-wallets. Some of the most popular methods can be found below:
- Credit cards & debit cards: Deposit £10-£99,000 per day free of charge and with immediate transfers.
- PayPal: Deposits from Paypal can be anything from £10 right up to £5,500. This service is free and the transfers are instant.
- Skrill: You can deposit £10-£80,000 with Skrill. There are no fees on William Hill’s end, but you may be charged something from Skrill, depending on the amount.
- Ukash: Deposits from Ukash can be between £10 and £200 and the funds are instantly applied to your account.
- Neteller: You can deposit a maximum of £30,000 with Neteller, and again, the transactions are instantly applied. This option is popular for those living outside of the UK and Ireland.
William Hill also allows customers to deposit funds using more traditional methods, such as through bank transfers and even cheques, although they will take longer to hit your account.
What are the benefits of opening an account with William Hill?
As well as being one of the oldest bookmakers operating in the UK, William Hill is fully licensed, modern, and creative in its approaches to betting online. Some of the more notable benefits of betting with William Hill are as follows:
- The bookmaker has a plethora of offers for new and returning customers, including enhanced odds, Acca Five Insurance, free weekly bets if you bet £20 every week, and the ability to cash in your bet.
- Its 24-hour customer services are second-to-none. Not only is help always at hand, but you can reach the support team via social media, email, live chat, and via the phone.
- William Hill is thought of by many as the most secure online bookmaker in the UK and constantly reviews a wide range of protocols. It also makes good use of Thawte SSL encryption technology.
- Advanced odds are available every day, and you will find Best Odds Guaranteed on sports such as horse and greyhound racing. Its bet margin stands at 4.5%, which is neck and neck with most of the other mainstream bookmakers.
Can you bet on sports in other countries with William Hill?
Yes, as well as sports in the UK and Ireland, William Hill prides itself in offering a wide range of sports from all over the world. Some of the more notable examples include:
- American Football: With William Hill’s American Football coverage, you can bet on the NFL, NFC, AFC, College Football Championship, and of course, the Super Bowl.
- Football: One of the biggest sports for online betting, with William Hill you can look to bet on a range of foreign leagues, including the Russian Premier League, Ecuadorian Serie A, Tanzanian Premier League, Belgian First Division A, and the Ukrainian Premier League.
- Cricket: If you’re a fan of cricket, you can bet on a variety of leagues and competitions, including the Indian Premier League, Big Bash League, ICC World Twenty 20, The Ashes, The Hundred, and The ICC World Cup.
What’s more, like all good bookmakers, William Hill also covers both Esports and virtual sports.
A quick look at the William Hill Casino
If you get a little tired from all the sports taking place, the good news is that William Hill also has an online casino where you can play a great range of modern and traditional games. Some of our favourites include:
- Pantry Plunder
- Suicide Squad
- Jungle Giants
- Legacy of the Wild
- Live Blackjack
- Quantum Blackjack
- Quantum Roulette
- Premium Multihand Blackjack
William Hill hosts regular promotions and offers across its casino games, so ensure to take a good look through its impressive library of games before you choose one to play.
Betting odds with William Hill
Some have said that William Hill focuses less on promotions and more on its betting odds, which means that depending on the sport, you can often find lucrative odds.
As mentioned, William Hill offers Best Odds Guaranteed on both horse and greyhound racing. In terms of cashing out, the bookmaker offers this facility on football, boxing, cricket, darts, snooker, tennis, and golf.
Betting Limits with William Hill
Throughout the site, William Hill advertises responsible gambling, and allows customers to set their own limits.
What’s more, the site also offers session time reminders for those who tend to spend a lot of their time betting.
If you need to take a break from the site, it offers a variety of tools to let you have a rest and you can even ban yourself completely should you wish.
Throughout the entire site, the minimum bet is £0.03, while maximum bets depend on both the sport and the event that you are betting on.
Maximum winnings also vary, but these can be as high as £1 million on some horse racing events, and as high as £2 million on some football events.
To get a full understanding of William Hill’s winnings limits, we advise that you check out the Help section, where you will find a comprehensive explanation of everything you need to know.