With a long history of takeovers and acquisitions, Sky Bet is quite possibly one of the most complex bookmakers in the online gambling sector.
That said, however, when it comes to betting entertainment, it is considered by many to be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
In this review, we’ll take a look at what Sky Bet has to offer for both new and returning customers.
How to open an account with Sky Bet
Opening an account with Sky Bet is quick and easy, taking as little as five minutes.
- Click on any link to Sky Bet on this page or website.
- Head to the top right part of the screen and click “Join Now”.
- Complete the registration form.
- Choose a welcome offer.
You might also be asked to verify your account. If this is the case you will need to provide your passport or driving licence number. If you use your passport number, you will be asked to provide a recent utility bill to provide a proof of address.
Find out more on how to verify your account using Sky Bet’s specialist verification support page.
Once that you are all signed up, it is time to make a deposit into your account. Again, this is very simple and can be done in a variety of ways. Here are some of the most popular methods:
- Debit and credit cards (£5 minimum)
- PayPal ((£10 minimum)
- Apple Pay (£5 minimum)
All deposit times are near-instant, which means that you can make the most of your account straight away.
What are the benefits of opening an account with Sky Bet?
As you can imagine, betting with one of the largest and most respected betting platforms has its perks, which we will discuss below.
- Sky’s Live in Play betting is the most unique in the sector, as it makes the most of television deals secured by Sky. The platform offers the widest range of sports and specialises in, as you can expect, live football.
- Sky Bet’s mobile app is also one of the strongest in the industry and has revolutionised betting apps with unique features such as Super 6 and fantasy football.
- Unlike some betting platforms, Sky Bet is known to be more competitive when it comes to betting odds, especially around horse racing. The bookmaker also offers enhanced odds on a variety of football matches and competitions.
- Full and partial Cash Out options are available on a range of bets and events, although it is worth noting that the option is not available with price boost offers.
- Sky Bet’s streaming service is one of the best in the sector and regularly shows football matches from the MLS and Bundesliga leagues. You just need at least £1 in your account in order to watch.
What sports can you bet on with Sky Bet?
As you can imagine, Sky Bet offers its customers a wide and exciting range of sports, from the very mainstream, right down to the very niche and local ones. Some of the most notable sports include:
Another great benefit is that Sky bet also allows customers to take their betting further afield, as the bookmaker covers a great range of foreign leagues and events. For instance, some of its football markets include:
French Ligue 1
Italian Serie A
Spanish La Liga
Portuguese Primeira Liga
Russian Premier League
Argentinian Primera Division
Mexican Liga MX
Be sure to watch out for special offers and promotions around special events, such as Euro 2021 or the next World Cup.
Taking a look at the Sky Bet Casino
If you can’t wait for your next match or race, the Sky Bet Casino is where many punters go for a little extra entertainment. The casino features a nice mix of traditional and new games, including:
All Bets Blackjack
Shields of Rome
Reign of Ice
Age of Gods Roulette
Like many bookmakers, Sky Bet makes the most of its live features, so the live casino is also worth a look into. Here you will find many great live games, including:
Sky Live Roulette
All Bets Blackjack
Casino Stud Poker
Casino Hold ‘Em
3 Card Brag
Like with Sky Bet’s sports betting, you will also find a host of promotions and offers throughout the site when you join, so be sure to keep an eye out.
Taking a closer look at Sky Bet’s odds
As already mentioned, Sky Bet is known for having slightly better odds around football and horse racing.
Although the bookmaker is generally competitive, it does provide better odds for some sports over others. Like anything, here at OddsFactory, we advise that you research the best possible odds before making any bet.
In particular, we recommend searching for enhanced odds promotions, as they are fairly common for football and horse racing.
Sky Bet limits
When it comes to winnings, Sky Bet’s limits are considerably smaller than most. For instance, the maximum payout for football is £500,000. This is generally around the £1 million mark for many bookmakers.
When it comes to horse racing, the maximum payout is smaller still at £250,000. For greyhound racing, the maximum payout is £100,000, and for boxing, basketball, and cricket it is £250,000.
The minimum bet at Sky Bet is 5p.
Sky Bet allows customers to set their own betting limits, which can be placed on a daily or weekly basis. Cooling off periods and self-exclusion options are also available for those that wish to take a rest.
Does Sky Bet cover virtual sports?
Yes, like other major platforms, Sky Bet covers virtual sports, including motorsports, football, greyhound racing, and horse racing.
Out of the four, it is thought that horse racing has the most extensive range, as it has the greatest variety of options.
Just like with real sports, Sky Bet regularly provides offers and promotions for virtual sports. This includes offers for new and returning customers.